How did I hear of This Quack?
|Text : John Bedson has left a new comment on your post “About Amanda”: You do realise that you are seriously autistic yourself don’t you? Also possible Borderline Personality Disorder.|
Who is John Bedson?
How is Bedson a Quack?
What Bedson Claims cures his Afib:
“1. I went on a vegan diet and lost weight.
2. I reduced my saturated fat intake to close to zero.
3. I reduced my unsaturated and monounsaturated fat intake to a very low level and avoided
ALL oils and trans fats. I avoided ALL junk food with NO exceptions. NO nuts of any kind.
No avocadoes or anything with saturated fat. NO eggs or milk. No spreads of any kind.
No dairy. I only ate plant based whole foods. I avoided fruits like grapes and melons that are
high in sugar.
5. I reduced my sugar intake to as close to zero as possible.
6. I ate whole foods and NO processed foods. Frozen vegetables are often
better than fresh vegetables because their nutritional values can be higher.
7. I reduced my exercise to a low to moderate level. I increased my exercise regime when I
was cured, but I never intend to over-exercise in case it causes my afib to return.
8. I tried to reduce my stress levels.
9. I never let my stomach become over acidic. If it did, I used antacids immediately,
or vomited to raise the PH value of my stomach. On a vegan diet your are unlikely to suffer
from an acid stomach.
10. I reduced my alcohol intake to a very low level, but not complete abstinence.
11. I reduced my caffeine intake to zero. No exceptions. NO smoking or recreational
drugs of any kind.
12. I avoided highly spiced food even if it was vegan.
13. I avoided ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that upset my stomach.
14. I cured my sleep apnea without CPAP. Click the “How I Beat Sleep Apnea” tab above to
discover how I accomplished this.
15. I used anti-arrhythmic medication (Flecainide) if necessary during my transition to a cure,
but as my afib attacks reduced and then ceased, I VERY slowly weaned myself off medication.
This must be done under the appropriate medical supervision.
16. I used anti-arrhythmic medication aggressively to stop any afib episodes as fast as possible to
allow my atria to slowly remodel itself back to health. You need to spend as little time as possible in
afib during each episode. I vomited before I took an antiarrhythmic bolus to stop an afib episode to
speed its effect by operating on an empty digestion tract. If my stomach was acid, I took an antacid.
If my stomach was upset, I took a ground ginger tablet with the anti-arrhythmic bolus.
17. If you don’t eat much fruit, I suggest that you take a magnesium supplement, and perhaps
potassium. But once you eat a good quality vegan diet you won’t need supplements
18. Don’t fall for the “Low Carb/High Fat” fad diets. Vegans are the most healthy people on the planet.
It is my opinion that high intakes of fat in the diet exacerbates lone afib by injuring the heart’s
19. I take a vitamin D supplement to keep my levels high.
20. As your atria recovers you might be able to make some exceptions to the above rules, as I do,
but this must be done cautiously and only after your afib episodes, tachycardia and missed beats
(PACs) have stopped for at least a year. You must be sure that you are 100% cured before deviating
from the above guidelines. Once you are cured you will know it and you will feel much better.
But if you subsequently go back to your old way
of eating and living, your afib will probably return.
21. If you do go vegan, you will need to take vitamin B12 supplements as this cannot be obtained
on a vegan diet.”
Bedson claims that his type of afib is lone afib. That is not a type of afib.
How Bedson claims to have cured his sleep apnea:
apnea. I could not fall asleep at night without my brain forgetting to breathe and I awoke on the point
of falling asleep. I asked my wife to watch me fall asleep and she confirmed that It was NOT obstructive
sleep apnea. I did not choke for lack of air, I simply stopped breathing. I woke gasping for air, but NOT
choking for air as I used to do with obstructive sleep apnea.I purchased an oxygen recorder on Ebay
and it showed the same thing; my breathing stopped even though my airways were clear.
After some research I concluded that my blood was too alkaline so I persuaded my family doctor to
prescribe Acetazolamide 250mg for me. She is used to me asking for the most extraordinary
medications to cure all sorts of illnesses and diseases so she agreed without question. She has
learned to trust me!
The Acetazolamide worked and after a week to ten days I was able to stop taking it in the evening
and since that time the central sleep apnea has only very rarely returned. If it does I take
Acetazolamide for a night’s sleep and it goes away again.
I have heard that many who use CPAP to stop obstructive sleep apnea suffer from new onset central
sleep apnea, so I conclude that the central sleep apnea was a result of my stopping the obstructive
sleep apnea even though I was not using CPAP.”
Can Sleep Apnea be cured?
Going onto an Autistic Advocate’s Blog Site
But seriously, if you live on the opposite side of the planet and never had an interaction with someone,
you cannot diagnose someone with BPD. Especially if you do not have expertise is psychiatry.
Stop the stigma.